Saturday 29 November 2014

Auto-correct

I do not have fat fingers.  In fact they are very thin, and tapered perfectly for pointing and for tapping the letters on my iPhone.  I can also spell.  I'm not boasting; it's just a fact.  But already in these first four sentences I had to go back and interpret what Apple had decided I meant to say.  If that happens every time I tap the screen, I am wasting an awful lot of time and possibly wearing away my fingertip (oh my goodness, could the skin somehow wear away so that I would have no identification print to get into Disney and Universal?  Aaagh!)  I have also discovered that the iPhone doesn't recognise 'morphine' (morphing) or 'urine' (ursine/urchin).  Yes, these words (and other related ones that I don't want to write just in case I upset the stomachs of those of you with delicate constitutions) are part of everyday conversation with my still hospitalised brother.  

Anyway ....

So I thought it would be a good idea to NOT go back and change anything that Apple wanted me to write; and then see how it looked at the end.

Wouldn't you know it?  I composed and tapped what I fully expected would be a rather entertaining piece of gibberish.  Not a bit of it.  There was not one single mistake.  Not one.  So by assuming I would get it wrong, I didn't.  

Maybe this could work for my cooking.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going in a totally different direction with this..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. let Johnny have a go - the combination of his fingers and spelling skills could lead to some interesting spelling mistakes! I could do with one of those usb powered reading lamps. Not to read, but to type. I usually compose my blog in the dark and I haven't got a backlit keyboard so half of what comes out is down to pure luck!!

    ReplyDelete