Thursday 26 November 2015

Thanksgiving

View from my computer


Yes I'm still in bed. It's Thanksgiving, and I am grateful for so many things.  One of them is that I can get up when I want to.  Shall I make a list?
My children. They are the best sons a mummy could wish for.  They have turned into intelligent, kind gentle men.
My husband.  Another gentle man.
My brother (of whom I have written too much already - any more will go to his head).
My friends - you know, those people you can tell anything and they still love you, will tell you when you're being stupid or foolish or nasty, who will say kind things when you need care and understanding, but will always tell you the truth.  
And then you know all the rest - enough to eat and drink, a roof (or two or three) over our heads etc etc.
And the bear?  He's called Lewis.  There are three things that are the best things I ever bought for myself with my own money: a car (I still miss it - a dark blue VW Eos hard top convertible with cream leather interior); Tolkien's Lord of the Rings (bought in Blackwells in Oxford in 1974 - it's just beginning to fall apart!); and Lewis (who is just 7 years old, so he hasn't started falling apart yet).
Happy Thanksgiving. 

2 comments: